Thanks to the many institutions of higher education in the Research Triangle, Raleigh can have a bit of an Animal House reputation. Because of this vibe, some best men may overlook the area if planning a booze free event. Many grooms want to have a bachelor party with no regrets, so they may request a no drinking policy. Not only will you be able to throw a bachelor party in downtown Raleigh and stay sober, you won't ever have to leave with our list of 8 activities that don't involve alcohol.
Raleigh is one of the best places in North Carolina to have a bachelor party weekend. Because of the cities close proximity to 12 different colleges and universities, you may think that Raleigh is a massive party town. While the center of town is a fabulous night out at local bars kind of city, it's also a good place to enjoy without cocktails, loaded drinks or a wristband from a club. Stay at a hotel or at a buddies home nearby, there's so much to do you won't miss the crowded dance club. Search for bachelor party ideas in downtown Raleigh that don't involve strip clubs and drinking all the time with our list of time honored activities that don't involve booze.
- Crazy Dash Digital Adventure - Download the app and your group will be ready to explore Raleigh, do crazy tasks and seize the day. The perfect activity for your friends who are new to North Carolina; everyone can tour the city, learn about Raleigh attractions and have a blast. A fun street diversion that the guys will enjoy because it's not a typical bachelor party adventure.
- Untold Tales Raleigh Walking Tour - If you want the tour without the cheesy games this is for you. Take a jaunt around the Capital Districts and learn about the scandalous history of the area. Find out the horrible fate of Sir Walter Raleigh and other tales of crime and punishment. Good for the groom who is a history buff. The same company offers Segway tours as well complete with historical highlights.
- North Carolina Museum of History - If your walking tour has been rained out, this museum will be the backup plan. There are plenty of guy friendly exhibits like the current one for retro toys of the 50s and 60s or the original workshop for David "Carbine" Williams.
- Boxcar Bar + Arcade - Yes there's a bar there too; aside from that its a really awesome game room. Located at 330 W Davie St in Raleigh, it's a happening place so coming during the day may be the best way to experience the games and pinball machines. It's fun to watch people - and their dogs! - and play air hockey. The arcade is a local favorite and so cool you will forgive that its basically a pub and a game room. Did I mention the dogs and their people? Everything is better with pups.
- The Tower Escapes - Originally a water tower that had been abandoned in 1924, it's now home to The Secret of the Tower Keeper. Your typical escape room in which you search for clues to solve a mystery. The historical building is at 115 W Morgan St and is perfect for a group of ten partygoers.
- Attend A Festival - Plan the bachelor party around an annual festival and have an action packed weekend. There's something to please any groom starting in February with the Raleigh Blues Festival. April brings 'Cuegrass which combines a barbecue and bluegrass music celebration down in the Warehouse district. Fayetteville St hosts the Artsplosure in May, the Raleigh Arts Festival which features an eclectic art market and live bands.
- Take The Food Tour - every Saturday afternoon at 12:45 Taste Carolina offers the Raleigh Downtown Tasting Tour where you can visit an array of restaurants, food shops and food halls. Come hungry, these aren't some chintzy samples; everyone reports being stuffed afterwards. Filling, educational, and a fun way to check out the culinary scene.
- Play Indoor Golf - Don't get rained out of a bachelor party weekend; Dogwood Country Club has an indoor golf simulator that will blow your mind. Their augmented reality putting green can simulate 50 different courses so the guys can master their game.
People who went to school in Raleigh or the surrounding suburbs of the capital city will tell you that the Research Triangle does deserve its surprising reputation as a crazy party town. Don't let that stop you from enjoy the town, you won't need to drink like the fraternity in Animal House or visit a private night club to have a good time. Downtown Raleigh has a variety of fun diversions that will keep your friends focused all weekend. No one will miss the cheap beer, wild night at the bars or drink lines that last for hours. All the guys will enjoy a Raleigh bachelor party weekend that doesn't end in a hangover.